Tift Regional Medical Center is the only hospital in South Central Georgia that is accredited by the National Accreditation for Breast Centers (NAPBC). This distinction means:
- We are qualified to offer the full spectrum of interdisciplinary care to patients with breast cancer.
- Our patients are afforded the most currently available forms of evaluation, treatment and follow-up care.
- We have passed a rigorous evaluation by independent clinical surveyors who awarded us their nationally recognized seal of approval
Facilities certified by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) provide certain components, each of which contribute to quality breast health care. This starts with breast imaging and needle biopsy services at the TRMC Women’s Imaging Center, followed by interdisciplinary conferences between radiologists, pathologists, general surgeons, oncologists, plastic surgeons and more to develop treatment plans. An important component is patient navigation, which TRMC offers with women’s health navigators Stacey Nelms, RN and Dawn Law, RN.
Stacey and Dawn are available to assist women who have had a positive mammogram or other diagnostic test indicating that further diagnosis or treatment is needed. They serve as an educational resource and personal GPS for women navigating the health care system, understanding their needs during a difficult time and helping to alleviate the stress and anxiety while care is being arranged.
Offering quality breast surgery options, both oncologic and reconstructive, is crucial for accreditation, as is providing top-notch cancer therapy. TRMC has a freestanding oncology center, which centralizes chemotherapy, radiation treatment and cancer support services under one roof. Women can receive a high level of breast cancer diagnosis and treatment close to home and family. The NAPBC accreditation also recognizes Tift Regional Medical Center’s dedication to data management, education, outreach and quality improvement.
Components of Care: A Multi-Disciplinary Approach
- Women’s Imaging Center: all-digital mammography, breast ultrasound and minimally-invasive breast biopsy. Breast MR also available.
- Women’s Health Navigator: serving as a personal resource and coordinator of care for breast health patients.
- Rapid Breast Health Diagnosis: radiologists and pathologists working with surgeons and oncologists on prompt diagnosis and treatment planning.
- Surgery Center: oncologic and reconstructive breast surgery procedures, including lumpectomy, axillary dissection, mastectomy, plastic surgery.
- Oncology Center: radiation treatment, chemotherapy and cancer support services in one freestanding facility. PET/CT for breast cancer staging and detection of breast cancer recurrence also available.
- Outreach and Support: case management, breast cancer support group, educational resources and more.
Referral Information for Patients
Talk to your physician about a referral to Tift Regional Medical Center. For more information, please call 229-353-6325 or 800-648-1935, ext. 6325.
Referral Information for Physicians
Please call 229-353-7899 or 866-554-TRMC (8762) to schedule an appointment.
About the National Accreditation for Breast Centers (NAPBC)
The NAPBC, administered by the American College of Surgeons, represents a consortium of national, professional organizations dedicated to the improvement of the quality of care and monitoring of outcomes of patients with breast cancer. This mission is pursued through standard-setting, scientific validation and patient and professional education. Learn more at www.napbc-breast.org.