Hospice of Tift Area
A service of Tift Regional Medical Center, Hospice of Tift Area provides a special kind of caring for people with a limited life expectancy. Comfort care is offered for the physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs of hospice patients, with the focus being on improving the quality of life, not on extending life. The care provided takes place in the patient’s home whenever possible and is available to patients who have a wide range of diagnoses.
This unique service concentrates on relieving patients’ pain and other symptoms, making them as comfortable as possible so that they can make the most of the time that remains to them. Hospice also provides supportive care to the patients’ families and/or caregivers both during and after the illness. Hospice services are covered by Medicare, Medicaid, and many private insurance companies. However, care is provided based on need rather than the ability to pay.
Who Is Eligible for Hospice Care?
For admission to Hospice of Tift Area, patients must have a limited life expectancy as certified by both an attending physician and the Hospice medical director. Because hospice is a choice, the patient and family must give informed consent for hospice care after receiving an explanation of hospice services. Also, the patient must reside in Hospice of Tift Area’s service area, which includes Ben Hill, Berrien, Colquitt, Cook, Irwin, Tift, Turner, and Worth counties as well as the Western half of Atkinson county.
Volunteers: The Heart of Hospice
Volunteers are a vital resource in providing hospice care. Without volunteers, Hospice as we know it would not exist. After receiving intensive training, volunteers provide non-medical services to patients and families, such as running errands, transporting patients to physician offices, reading and writing letters, respite care and friendship. Volunteers also help the Hospice staff with bereavement support, office help, special project assistance and public relations. For more information on Hospice of Tift Area or how to become a volunteer, please call 229-353-6330.
Please click here to be taken to our donation page and to make a donation online via credit card or payroll deduction (Southwell employees only). Thank you for your contribution!
Hospice of Tift Area
618 North Central Avenue Tifton, GA 31794
It is the policy of Hospice of Tift Area not to discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, sex, religion, national origin and mental or physical handicap in the delivery of services or treatment. Georgia Permit No. 137-021-H
- Coordination of the hospice plan of care with the patient’s attending physician
- Regularly scheduled visits from specially trained registered nurses
- 24-hour per day, seven days per week on-call services
- Education and training of family and friends in caregiving techniques
- Assistance with insurance, finances, and emotional concerns
- Spiritual support coordinated with the patient’s own clergy or provided by a trained pastoral counselor
- Assistance with personal care such as bathing, dressing, and light housekeeping
- Supportive care by trained volunteers
- Bereavement support and counseling
- Assistance with obtaining medical equipment, supplies, and medications related to the life-limiting illness.
We Look Forward to Serving You
To request an appointment, please contact a member of our staff.
Find a Provider
Search our provider directory to find the perfect match for your healthcare needs.